Monday, September 1, 2008

Dress shopping continued -- Will she succeed?

Dress shopping round two happened when I unexpectedly got the afternoon off. A lunch date with one of my longest New York friends, Kelly Brandeburg, turned into an afternoon of crazy fun.

This is Kelly:


Before we shopped, I found the dress below that I loved. Unfortunately, it's the perfect plus-size dress with all those diagonal lines (than you Trinny and Sus), and no one carried it in a size smaller than 14. This is me in a size 14 with a bunch of clips in the back to hold it tight:




Even if I had been willing to rish hundreds of dollars on that hope that they would order the right size and I'd love the look, RK said there was no way they could get a dress in soon enough for a November wedding.

I'd like to see them try to run their business in Provo.

This is RK Bridal ("Walmart of wedding retailers")



Agonizing over a dress (see the agony):



We bailed on RK and headed back to David's to take another look at my favorite dresses and try on new options.

This dress has amazing tiers of lace.



My favorite from last time:



And then I found the perfect dress.

If you want to see pictures, you'll have to come to my reception.

(or email me)


Victory dinner at Chucky Cheese!




1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful! Congratulations on finding The One twice in one year :)

    I love the embroidery on it, though I can't tell a difference between the last two dresses -- are they really different? I can see why you loved that first one, and it's sad it didn't work out but...it's probably healthy for the difficult compromises to begin during the wedding planning -- makes the actual marriage easier :)

    This is making me realize -- I still haven't seen pictures of Kelly in her dress. I need to nag her for pics. Or, if she's lurking around here still: Kelly! Email me pictures of your wedding dress!

    ReplyDelete