Friday, September 26, 2008

Best reactions

For all the negativity you hear about marriage in our society, you get some pretty excited reaction when you tell people you are engaged (which is very reassuring). Here are a few of my favorite:

"I GET TO BE A HOTTIE.......got any cute, single uncles coming to this thing?" -- anonymous, just in case it's embarrassing

"Thanks! And please resist buying a black wedding dress. And please start a wedding blog." -- Cousin Marie

Livi: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Omilivinggoodness

"Congratulations Leah! Wow. I am impressed with your efficiency." -- Hilary, past roommate

"
Now you get to be saved from Brother Cariello's love connection." -- Jessica Allred

"Wait, so this is serious? You're getting married? (I always have to wait a bit first to see if people are playing tricks on Facebook...there are so many possibilities)" -- Suzanne Reeve, a friend from Seattle

"Congrats on being engaged!! Its so much fun" -- Jessica Hanson (did you know anyone who seemed happier to be engaged than Jess?)

"Wow, officially engaged on Facebook and everything. Congratulations, this must be for real." -- Cousin Robert

erika: I hope I will get a pic of the ring. you know how important knowing what the ring looks like is important to me.

me: Mark guess what
Mark
: you're engaged?
me
: yep
Mark
: holy frijole craaaaaaaaaaaazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

"'Gasp, Oh my goodness!!:)' Was the first thing out of my mouth. I love knowing what people's initial reactions are." -- Stephanie Bishop, in the RS presidency with me now. I wonder how she verbalized the smiley face

"what? oh my gosh!!!! LEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you! oh my gosh! i just gasped out loud and i can't type fast enough! I am so super excited for you! we definitely need to hang out so that i can hear the story. seriously! congratulations! i am so happy for you!!! Yay! :) i want details when you have a minute! yay!" -- Malia

3 comments: