Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"That best portion of a good man's life"

Without exception, the most wonderful part of the process of getting married has been seeing with how little thought for self friends and family have made incredibly generous offers to help.

In my sweetheart as well as in my friends, relatives and colleagues, I have seen this thought personified:
"There are lots of limitations in all of us that we hope our sweethearts will overlook. I suppose no one is as handsome or as beautiful as he or she wishes, or as brilliant in school or as witty in speech or as wealthy as we would like, but in a world of varied talents and fortunes that we can't always command, I think that makes even more attractive the qualities we can command -- such qualities as thoughtfulness, patience, a kind word and true delight in the accomplishment of another. These cost us nothing, and they can mean everything to the one who receives them."

-- Jeffrey R. Holland, apostle, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
These are just a very few examples of kindness that has meant so much to me. I wish I could cite them all.



"
How many are you thinking of working up and how much do you want to invest toots? I can definately come up with something for you."

"
If I knew it back before I got married, I may have forced Paul to learn it for the wedding. 'Brighter Than Sunshine' by Aqualung. Just in case you are in the market for love songs. ;)"



"
I could lick envelopes, make fancy little groom's cakes (isn't that what they're called), oooh and aaaah over flowers or dresses, provide free backrubs, oooh and aaaah over the fiance (not too much of course), be your soda/diet coke jerk, etc..."

"
I have to see about coming up that weekend. Eric will be in Atlanta, and so I have to see how things will work out with the children. I will let you know as soon as I can make plans."

No comments:

Post a Comment