Sunday, March 8, 2009

In like a lion? Lions sound warm

Just a few days after March officially began, and the day after a Saturday warm enough to convince me to jog outside, NYC got more snow.

Here's me at the subway platform, waiting for a train. Check out my killer hat, courtesy of Suzy Miller, and my gorgeous scarf, courtesy of Miya. I look like a cupcake!




Forgetting that Yancy invests in good camping gear, I decided to heat his cider to boiling before popping it in the thermos.

In the photo below, he holds the small thermos lid full of cider close to his face to feel the warm steam. That's all he can do, since it's still almost boiling. Oops.




The trains are warm, but it always takes a minute to thaw. Not unthaw -- that's what happens when you go back outside (you taught me well, Mom).

2 comments:

  1. Finally, some pictures of the Wedded Ones! You are adorable, my little Muffin Head (and Mr. Muffin Head, too). Elaine Benes would try to eat your hat.

    Mother Nature's been toying with us, as well. But I have hope. One day tulips will again spring from the soil between my white winter toes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly commented a couple days ago that she felt like she was in a snowglobe, and then my mom said the same thing yesterday.* I asked Weston if they were talking in his classes about how all these snow days were caused by global warming and he said, "No," in a tone that clearly said, "Global warming? We've been talking about snow, doi." (Or as close to that tone as he ever gets.)

    *I had to wonder if Kelly has said the same thing to Mom during her snow flurry, and the phrase had stuck in Mom's clever-phrases-to-use-later-on-someone-else file.

    ReplyDelete