Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Won't you be my neighbor

I have exceptional neighbors.

Last night, after mixing all the other ingredients, I realized I didn't have enough flour to make waffles. I ran across the hall, humbly extending my measuring cup, to ask, "Can I borrow a cup of flour?"

A couple days ago, I was on my way home from work when I got a call from Tiffany, who lives down the block.

"Want a potato?"


She peeled too many and didn't want it to go to waste. Viola! Mashed potatoes for Yancy.

3 comments:

  1. Neighbors and friends can be wonderful things....my friend Cynthia lets me know whenever someone drops fruit, etc off at her place. I am usually sent home with a bag of tomatoes, pears, peaches...and if I help her can some of it she gives me a ton of the bottled goodness to take home with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does Cynthia get all this fruit?

    As soon as Yancy started eating his mashed potatoes he started talking about how excited he is for your mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawna does make a pretty mean spread...

    ReplyDelete