Thursday, September 15, 2011

What do you do with old notes?

Have you thought of a good way to keep old notes and scripture journals?

I have a bunch of spiral notebooks and journals that I've used to record my scripture study, general conference, institute lesson and religion class notes over the past 10 years. The information is valuable, but more precious are the thoughts, impressions, connections and epiphanies that were so meaningful to me at various times in my life.

However, stacked in the back of my closet, they aren't doing my any good. The information is not organized well enough to be helpful when I'm preparing a talk or lesson, and they take up a lot of space. I've thought about scanning them, but it would take hours and they still wouldn't be searchable.

Have you found a good way to keep your notes?

1 comment:

  1. Nothing comes to mind yet other than going though them and blogging my favorite entries...then they become searchable. Having a private blog of them makes this possible if they are of more a personal nature. Later, they can be printed off into a book if you wanted.

    ReplyDelete